Designed by renowned Chicago-based architecture firm Goettsch Partners in collaboration with Cannon Design, Zurich’s North American Headquarters is a marvel of modern office design, built to reflect the company values of strength, stability and its global reach. Facing south toward the multi-level plazas, the soaring 3-story steel-supported double-skin facade at the south elevation incorporates Sentech’s VetraFin H-Series, while the north lobby utilizes Sentech’s VetraPatch System. Both facades ultilize custom bead blast stainless steel fittings and jumbo floor-to-ceiling low iron glass panels to invite natural light into the building, while creating the open, transparent and seamless views into the surrounding landscape. Fostering collaboration, exuding elegance and maintaining transparency, the facades also serve to reinforce Zurich’s committment to environmental stewardship. A LEED Platinum-certified structure, the facades increase the flood of natural daylight into the building while regulating temperature, energy consumption and occupancy comfort. It can be summed up best by Zurich’s CEO Mike Foley, “This building is a showcase of all we are at Zurich: its excellence in design, its focus on sustainability, and its reflection of our employees”.
- 29th Annual Chicago Commercial Real Estate Awards: Built-to-Suit Project of the Year
- 2017 The EDIES Award: IL Chamber of Commerce & IL Economic Development Association: Outstanding Economic Development Project
- 2017 The Chicago Atheneaum International Architecture Award
- 2017 ENR Midwest: Best Green Project
- 2018 Slag Cement Association: Best Green Design